Tackling financial exclusion in Scotland
November 19 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Join our expert industry panel for an evening of networking and discussion focused on delivering an inclusive financial sector for Scotland.
Help shape the conversation as we discuss:
- Are we too obsessed with a cashless economy and not worried enough about those left behind?
- Is the closure of bank branches and ATMs heightening financial exclusion?
- Is the financial services sector doing enough to help vulnerable customers?
- What innovations are being used to help the unbanked who are struggling to access financial services?
- How can we harness technology to tackle financial exclusion?
- What are the main barriers to accessing banking?
- Is credit worthiness still too blunt an instrument?
- Are young Scottish fintech companies bought into the ‘fintech for good’ agenda?
- Should the industry do more to tackle financial services jargon?
5.30pm – Arrivals and networking reception
Drinks and lite bites supplied
6.30pm – Panel discussion to commence
Jonny Williams, Partner, Womble Bond Dickinson
Caroline Stevenson, Legal Director, Womble Bond Dickinson
Callum Murray, Founder & CEO, Amiqus Resolution
Nicola Anderson, Seconded to FinTech Scotland from the FCA
and other panellists to be confirmed
Chairman: David Lee, The Scotsman
7.45pm – Networking
8.15pm – Event Close