The Scotsman Life Sciences Conference 2019
November 26 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Click here to visit our Life Sciences website for more information on the conference and to book your ticket
Life Sciences in Scotland is set to grow to £8bn by 2025, making it one of the most important sectors to the Scottish economy.
The Scotsman’s Life Sciences Conference is the annual meeting for this growing sector. This year’s event will provide the opportunity for life sciences enterprises in Scotland to showcase their expertise, make new connections, find new partners and gain new insights to grow their business.
Join like minded professionals in industry, academia and healthcare at this annual event and see the opportunities we have in Scotland to become leaders in innovation and realise our ambition.
08.30 – Networking breakfast
09.45 – Welcome by Chair – Alix Mackay
09.55 – Keynote – Leveraging the Innovation, driving momentum and realising the ambition – Dave Tudor, MD, CPI
10.15 – Securing Investment for Innovation – Investment and funding in Life Sciences – Paul Copland, Life Sciences EY
10.35 – NHS Scotland: the best clinical research lab in the world – Andrew Fowlie, Lead for Health, Social Care and Industrial Innovation
10.55 – Coffee & Networking
11.10 – Life Sciences in Scotland SME SHOWCASE
12.10 – Keynote – Ivan McKee MSP, Minister for Trade, Investment and Innovation
Throughout the afternoon the delegates will attend 3 business sessions that have been identified as key areas within the sector to be discussed. The sessions will run with short presentations from 3 speakers followed by an in depth Q&A. The sessions will be on:
- Securing higher levels of Investment (Elaine Ferguson, 3FBio, Elizabeth Roper, Epidarex)
- Funding for innovation (Leyton)
- The Living Lab (University of Glasgow)
- Increasing your presence in a global market (Alix Mackay, Life Science Marketing Academy)
- Keeping up with Innovation: ways to access and build technical talent (Ronnie Palin, SDS)
- Engaging with the NHS (Professor Alison Murray, University of Aberdeen, CMS)
- Elevating the business with Digital & Data (Michelle Waddell, Wyoming, DTG & Booth Welsh)
- Advanced Therapies in Life Sciences supply and manufacture (Dave Tudor, MMIC)
13.25 – BUSINESS MOMENTUM SESSION 1
14.30 – BUSINESS MOMENTUM SESSION 2
15.30 – Coffee & Networking
16.00 – BUSINESS MOMENTUM SESSION 3
17.05 – Closing Keynote
Leave the day on a high, the massive opportunities we have to grow and to lead, the impact the audience will make to Scotland.