- This event has passed.
How can Scottish fintechs scale up to the next level
8th October 2019 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Join our expert industry panel for an evening of networking and discussion focused on the challenges facing young Fintechs seeking to scale up.
While Scotland’s Fintech sector is in a vibrant state, many young and emerging Fintechs face real challenges when it comes to moving beyond the start-up phase and growing to scale.
How can these firms achieve their full potential and in turn deliver lasting value to consumers and the economy as a whole?
Help shape the conversation as we discuss:
– Funding the scale-up phase and finding the right approach for your business;
– Working with legacy banks to identify customer needs and pain points and addressing them effectively and collaboratively;
– Finding the right people quickly to support your business growth needs;
– Identifying the best markets for your business;
– Offering a supportive ecosystem to encourage fintech entrepreneurs and innovative young businesses;
– Working together to turbo-charge growth across the whole fintech community
5.30pm – Arrivals and networking reception
Drinks and lite bites supplied
6.30pm – Panel discussion to commence
Kent Mackenzie, Deloitte
David Goodbrand, Burness Paull
Professor Eleanor Shaw, University of Strathclyde
Jude Cook, ShareIn
Stuart Lunn, LendingCrowd
Chairman: David Lee, The Scotsman
7.45pm – Networking
8.15pm – Event Close
In Association with:
Networking reception provided by: