Accelerating the precision medicine opportunity in Scotland
August 27 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pmFree
There are several market and technology drivers impacting on precision medicine including an ageing population, increasing healthcare costs and the emergence of new disruptive technologies. Advances in technology are accelerating a shift in healthcare from reaction to prevention and early stage treatments and the global precision medicine market was estimated at almost $43bn in 2016 and is projected to rise to around $134bn by 2025.
Scotland’s ecosystem for precision medicine includes a strong network of universities, research institutions, NHS facilities, enterprise and skills agencies and industry bodies all focussed on developing, commercialising and implementing our world-class research in precision medicine. Scotland has a growing number of businesses involved in precision medicine, including new start-ups and in-movers involved in developing digital platforms for health data, informatics, AI and machine learning.
How do we make Scotland a world leader in precision medicine?
Our conference will hear from leading experts in the precision medicine field and discuss the following topics:
- Effectively promoting the strengths of the precision medicine ecosystem to adjoining sectors and potential inward investors
- Making IP work for you in an entrepreneurial and collaborative environment
- Enabling access to funders and investors
- The Living Lab: driving economic growth through real world implementation of precision medicine
- Identifying the skills sets required to develop the precision medicine cluster in Scotland
Our 2019 supporting partners: