- This event has passed.
Decarbonising the built environment in Scotland
23rd March 2022 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 amFree
Scotland has set itself a tough target of hitting net-zero targets by 2045, five years ahead of the rest of the UK.
The Built environment accounts for approximately 25 percent of global CO2 emissions. Reaching net zero by 2045 will require the buildings and construction industry to decarbonise three times faster over the next 30 years versus the previous 30. Companies from across the built environment life cycle cannot achieve this alone, and need to look at how they can work together to succeed. This event will look at some of the key challenges the industry faces to reach the 2045 target of a greener future for the built environment in Scotland.
- Decarbonising the built environment
- Skills of the future (reskilling) & Education
- Innovation: The digital agenda (digital manufacturing, higher quality, less waste), Industrialisation of the sector (offsite manufacturing)
- ESG and investing in the built environment
- David Lee (Host)
- Caitriona Jordan, Head of Retrofit Programmes at Construction Scotland Innovation Centre
- Lisa Dromgoole, Managing Associate, Womble Bond Dickinson
- Graeme Hannah, Head of Sustainability, The Robertson Group
- Louise McGregor, Head of Circular Economy, Zero Waste Scotland
- Eddie McAvinchey, Executive Director, Sustainable Investment, Scottish National Investment Bank
This event is in association with Womble Bond Dickinson